ACEX brings together a strong partnership of academic and professional staff to deliver its Vision.
The structure of ACEX reflects its core missions:
- Research: deliver high quality research outcomes
- Translations: to ensure that these research outrcomes have an impact on the Australian public via impact on industry and by exciting the next generation of researchers.
- Administration: To ensure that public resources are best utilised to achieve the mission of the Centre.
ACEX is led by its Director, Prof. Paul Mulvaney, FAA, supported by an Executive Committee representing each of these core activities.
An Advisory Board with experts in each of the core activities provides oversight to ensure that ACEX is meeting its goals. The Advisory Board is chaired by Prof. Margaret Sheil, Provost of the University of Melbourne, former CEO of the Australian Research Council, and Professor of Chemistry.
The Executive Committee will be responsible for reviewing the strategic direction of the centre, assessing progress against projected milestones and implementing strategic changes to the centre’s research directions or operation.
The Executive Committee will comprise:
- Prof. Paul Mulvaney as the Chair (Director of ACEX)
- Prof. Udo Bach (Deputy Director of ACEX)
- the Centre Chief Operating Officer
- the Research Theme Leaders
- one Capability Leader
- Assoc. Prof. Dane McCamey (Outreach, Education and Governance Director)
- the Business Development Manager
The Centre Advisory Board will review all aspects of the Centre’s operations, including administrative functions, strategic planning and decision making, intellectual property,outreach and commercial translation. Members will include:
This Committee will provide scientific oversight and advice to the Centre. Members include:
Four basic research capabilities underpin the Centre’s ability to achieve its research goals, each with a designated capability leader and deputy:
Research Theme Leaders
Each of the three ACEX Research Themes will be led by a Theme Leader and a Deputy. Theme Leaders will be members of the ACEX Executive Committee. In this capacity they will continually assess the progress and value of each research platform, identify platforms which should be proposed for removal, and propose new platforms to the Executive Committee as opportunity arises